At Wireframes Digital, we believe in keeping our partners informed about crucial updates in the digital advertising landscape. This newsletter highlights Google’s Inappropriate Content Policy and its potential implications on your ad campaigns.
1. Understanding Google’s Inappropriate Content Policy
Google aims to maintain a safe and respectful advertising ecosystem. Part of that commitment involves prohibiting inappropriate content in ads and destinations. The policy targets the following types of content:
- Dangerous or derogatory content
- Sexually explicit content
- Compensated sexual acts
- Child sexual abuse imagery
- Mail-order brides
- Adult themes in family content
- Shocking content
- Sensitive events
2. Important Updates You Need to Pay Attention to
In light of recent updates, please review the guidelines regarding sensitive events and ensure your ad campaigns align with Google’s standards. Ads attempting to profit from or exploit sensitive events, such as civil emergencies, natural disasters, public health emergencies, terrorism and related activities, conflict, or mass acts of violence, are prohibited.
Some examples of content to avoid include:
- Price gouging or artificially inflating prices to restrict access to vital supplies
- Sale of products or services insufficient for demand during a sensitive event
- Using keywords related to a sensitive event to drive additional traffic
- Claims that victims of a sensitive event were responsible for their own tragedy
3. Steps to Keep Your Ad Campaigns Compliant
We encourage you to evaluate your existing ad campaigns and web properties to ensure that none violate Google’s Inappropriate Content Policy. Your vigilance will help prevent potential ad disapprovals or suspensions.
Wireframes Digital: Your Vigilant Partner in Digital Excellence
As your trusted partner, Wireframes Digital is committed to keeping you abreast of policy updates and providing guidance to build a better ad experience. If you have any questions or need assistance in navigating these changes, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.