Why E-commerce SEO so Important?
Like doing so in other sites, it matters in e-commerce sites too. Because if your website doesn’t appear in the SERP, you lose access to your eCommerce customers, and you never get a relevant audience. Maybe your ads will be on the web, but there is no use with your website without getting relevant traffic to your site. So, it would help if you did a proper SEO in E-commerce site to get that relevant traffic.
How to Set a Proper E-commerce SEO?
A proper SEO is a must for a good result in SERP ranking. Some guidelines for the proper E-commerce SEO are :
- Prioritize pages: Find which pages in your site get more traffic, start prioritizing those pages. Then find and focus on essential products and optimize those products first.
- Maintain good functionality: SEO requires a lot of requirements to function correctly. They are:
> ~ Choosing keywords: When selecting a keyword, note down its search volume, relevance, and search difficulty. Also, try to choose long-tail keywords rather than short-tail keywords because it will help us rank and achieve quality traffic.
>~ Proper meta title: Make the meta title brief and descriptive. We must use separate headings for every content to make uniqueness. Make it click-worthy by using powerful words like best, top.
>~ Better meta description: Meta description plays a vital role in SEO ranking. Because an excellent meta description makes the audience click the corresponding site link, and we get relevant traffic. Using keywords when preparing meta descriptions is a good practice.
>~ Add featured images: Use the product’s featured image in the related content. It makes the customers more click-worthy of the site.
Use alternate texts to images: using alternate texts to images is a good SEO practice. Try to add keywords as an alternative to text.
- Analyze our competitors: try to analyze our competitor’s strategies by visiting their sites and comparing their SEO efforts with ours. We can assist or use different free
Importance of Trusted Pages
Trusted pages are those pages that make the audience or customers trust our sites. Some of the trusted pages are :
- About us: This page gives the details of our companies, where the company is located, etc
- Contact us: Contact us page helps the customer or audience contact us if they want to inquire about the products, troubleshoot the purchased products, etc.
- Terms and conditions: This page shows the terms and conditions of the website or company
Make sure that all these pages must be added to the website. Because in an E-commerce site, trusted carriers have an essential role in getting more traffic.
Home Page Content
Home page and home page content have an essential role in E-commerce SEO. An E-commerce website is different from other sites because in an e-commerce site, there will be a lot of products, and its details will be shown on the home page. Still, in the case of a standard website, there will be brief information on the site, or the company only will be available on the home page.
So there is a chance that the google bots get confused when crawling your home page, as your customers get confused too. This will affect your home page badly and cause a decrease in your audience traffic. So please make sure that your home page is neat and unique with products that help google bots, and customers get the idea quickly on what products we look for.
As well as every other website, E-commerce sites must need a good, perfect, and simple architecture. This will help the Google bots crawl quickly, earning more traffic to our site. But E-commerce site architecture is different from a specific place. Because a normal site just needs some information about their company or their site, they will do.
For exemplify, in the case of a digital marketing agency, they need trusted pages. Most of all, the services they provide, whether an E-commerce site needs to give a lot of products, reviews, details on the products, etc., is a chance for confusion. So we must keep a good architecture on the site that won’t confuse the customers or audience.
Impact on Google Algorithm Changes
Google algorithms are those complex algorithms that allow the google bots to rank and return the most relevant pages of the specific search query. Google algorithms will be changed every year or maybe twice or thrice per year. Some google algorithms have played a vital role in E-commerce SEO. They are ;
- Panda (in 2011): This algorithm gives more importance to contents. Because in case of E-commerce sites, the customers must need an idea of what products that we are looking for and what we get
- Humming Bird (in the year 2014): Gives importance to AI (Artificial Intelligence) that lets the google bots read the content like a human read.
Mobile Updation (in 2015): This update gives more importance to mobile user-
Importance of Reviews
The review section is a significant part of E-commerce sites. No matter what picture or detailed information we give about a product on an E-commerce site, the customers always trust the reviews more than the company’s information. So always make sure you provide or add a review section to your E-commerce site.
As with reviews, the rating is critical in an E-commerce site. Let the purchased customers give the product’s rating that makes another customer more trustworthy to your products. It can help earn more relevant traffic and allows google to rank your site to a better position.